Our Goal is to implement projects and activities that help us achieve our mission.
Comprehensive Statewide Historic Preservation Plan (State Plan 2007-2011)s
To join the National program, and to continue receiving Historic Preservation Fund (HPF) Grants, Guam must update its NPS-approved State Plan every 5 years. The current plan will be updated in 2013.
The Dept. of Parks and Recreation is preparing to update the Guam Comprehensive Historic Preservation Plan by first gathering public comments on how Guam’s historic resources are to be preserved, protected, and presented to the community.
Click Here to View Questionnaire
Return Questionnaire to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
SHPO DesignationIn accordance with the National Historic Preservation Act (16 U.S.C. 470a), as amended, Eddie Baza Calvo, Governor of Guam, has designated Ms. Lynda Bordallo Aguon, Guam Historic Preservation Officer, Guam Historic Resources Division, Department of Parks and Recreation, a classified service employee of the Government of Guam, as the State Historic Preservation Officer. Ms. Aguon has been delegated authority to represent the government of Guam in carrying out the responsibilities specified in the Act, and in the regulations and administrative requirements established for implementation of that Act. This designation supersedes any contrary prior designations.
ProjectsThe Guam Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR), receives Historic Preservation Fund Grants from the U.S. Department of the Interior, to implement projects related to Historic Preservation. For Fiscal Year 2010, DPR proposes to implement the following:
- Cultural Resource Management Consultant
- Survey of El Camino Real - Survey the old Spanish Road extending from Umatac to Agat.
- Redesign, update and maintain Guam SHPO website
- Consultant - Qualified Archaeologist I - Archaeological consultant services.
- Consultant - Qualified Archaeologist II- Archaeological consultant services.
- Section 106 Training - To conduct training on NHPA Section 106.
- 2nd Printing of Prehistoric Archaeology of Tumon Bay Brochure.
- Space Rental - Section 106 Training
- Single Agency Audit
- Consultant - Qualified Archaeologist I
- Consultant - Qualified Archaeologist II
- Update and maintain Guam State Historic Preservation Office website
- Reprinting of "Historic Sites of Guam" Brochure
- Reprinting of "Guam Heritage Walking Trail Map"
- Reprinting of "Fanohge Chamorro" Poster
- Survey of historic properties
- Re-survey sites
- Contract to teach high school and college students Architectural and Engineering Documentation HABS/HAER Standards
- Digitize site files and resources
- Provide presentations on historic preservation and regulatory requirements